Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless Steel Cookware

I have been busy as ever lately working on cleaning up clutter around the house and selling items on Kijiji.ca So far I have sold out on just about all my listings over the past couple months!

So, I thought I would share a little secret...... although I have donated many things to Goodwill and Women In Need Society in my time, or given to friends and enjoy sharing- I find I am recouping some money by selling things on Kijiji also.  This is a good thing too considering I really could use the money lately.  Some have said they don't care about recouping their money on such things, or claim it to be a waste of time.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

It happened to be that I put myself in desperate need of a pots and pans, and despite seeing some sets I liked, I had kept holding off.  I didn't want non-stick sets any longer, since it has been proven to affect health in a negative way.  Did you know that the chemical in Teflon, perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) has been linked to cancer, possibly elevated cholesterol, thyroid disease and reduced fertility in people. I personally think it's led to some detriment in my own personal health as well.  I had high cholesterol and wonder about the health of my thyroid since I am on medication for it.  PFOA has even been detected in public water supplies- so a water filter is essential now a days.

Now, I totally am a bargain hunter, I won't just buy the first solution out there.  I literally couldn't find a good deal though.  I wanted for the longest time and even hunted for a deal on Kijiji or second hand stores and places, scoured the Internet and nothing that was acceptable or priced realistically was to be found.

So I kept working on turning around extra good condition household pictures and decor items to money, and of course I start with the things that I didn't want anymore.  A couple hundred dollars later and at the same time a great deal appeared.  A really well priced stainless steel cookware set from Cuisinart!!! It was on sale at BedBathandBeyond.ca but I couldn't locate stock in stores and ended up buying it online, while paying the extra shipping charge of $17.75.... but still a great deal after everything and it was delivered with no problems to my door.  It was an end of the season or "open box sale" type deal on the Cuisinart Chef's Classic similar to this set; below in the video- 11 pieces and stainless steel.

I had shared this deal before on my personal pages, but I thought I would share one last time before it's discontinued completely,... or perhaps you can find one second hand for saving more money.  I certainly would have bought it for less if I could have.  My review will be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment