Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wild Saskatoon Berry Jam ~ Yummo!

I am back to recommend this lovely Saskatoon Berry Jam with wild harvested Saskatoon berries.  It is absolutely my new favorite jam, and is great on toast or pancakes.  One might try this jam, instead of store-bought processed and chemical laden jams that include citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane.  Pheuf, what a long word, and this ingredient apparently prevents foaming but it cannot be good for you.
Note there are simple ingredients in this Saskatoon jam; 3 to be exact: berries, sugar, and pectin.  I ordered this small jar of jam from Bovine Bubbles & Hogwash Ltd. on Etsy, when it was on sale last year, when it was listed.  I had stored it in my pantry until this summer.  It was $4.88 USD, which was $5.05 CDN.  Shipping costs were combined with another item I had purchased.  In total shipping was $10.75, but that is why I ordered another item to make it worth it. 
Although the jar is small, not a huge jar to keep in your fridge, it can add variety to what you already have and you will find the flavor is lovely and natural.  I especially like that the berries are Saskatoon berries which are my favorite and you can be assured they have no pesticides and non-GMO.  Since they are wild berries, you will be getting a bit more nutrition than industrial grown strawberry crops and you get to keep the cute mason type jam jar.
I recommend you checking the shop Bovine Bubbles & Hogwash Ltd. and see what Cara has to offer. She has other delightful products like soaps and bubbles too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment